HOW TO USE THE SKI BUS
GO FROM THE CITY TO THE SLOPES
The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) provides seasonal ski bus service to and from Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude. Service for the winter season usually runs from November/December through March/April. While the ski bus doesn't serve the Salt Lake City Airport directly, the UTA TRAX light rail can take you straight from the airport to a nearby ski-bus stop.
Ski Bus Fares
- Super Pass Holders: Free
- Just tap your Super Pass on the electronic pass reader when you board and exit the bus.
- One-Way Fare: $4.50
- Pay with exact change, contactless credit card, or UTA FAREPAY card.
- Senior One-Way Fare: $2.25
- This fare applies to passengers ages 65 and older. Pay with exact change, contactless credit card, or UTA FAREPAY card.
Transfers on UTA
If you pay a full fare on a ski bus, your ticket/receipt functions as a transfer, allowing you to board to another UTA bus or a TRAX train later in the day (within two hours) at no cost. If more than two hours has passed, you will need to purchase additional fare. Transfers will not be issued to Ski City Super Pass holders.
Intra-Canyon Shuttle: $2.25
The Canyon Ski Shuttle Pass is valid for a one-way ride between Brighton and Solitude Ski Resorts. (Handy for Super Pass holders who want to ski Brighton and Solitude on the same day).
Ski Service Route Information
- 953 - Murray Central to Snowbird/Alta
- 972 - Bingham Junction to Solitude/Brighton
- 994 - Historic Sandy to Snowbird/Alta